Aker Solutions

www.akersolutions.com
  www.akersolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Aker Solutions

Good but watch out if they try to hire you as a contractor, it's a warning they might not keep you

Current Employee - Would Rather Not Say in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Would Rather Not Say in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros

Pay is excellent to start with, very competitive. Recruiters and most people at the company are friendly, everyone works flex hours

Cons

The company spent over 1 month interviewing and aggressively recruiting me because of my qualifications. Turns out I was overqualified for the position. Stayed 2 months before being laid off due to lack of work even though I was told how busy they were at the time I was hired. No complaints from anyone about my job performance since I was never trained for the job - they had me opening mail and filing the entire time instead of what I was hired for. Waste of 2 months for a job I can't even list on my resume. Pay raises for office staff are barely 3% and that's if you're lucky.

Get some managers with spines, most that I saw were controlled by their senior staff. Need better communication with staff. Stop having so many meetings! Never sure exactly what they are trying to tell employees during these meetings, they seem to be a way to waste time.

116 Other Employee Reviews for Aker Solutions (View Most Recent)

Weak player in E & C

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros

Small office in Houston..is that a pro?

Cons

Very weak market positions. SInce 2006 when there was about 500+ employess at Briarpark in Houston now there is around 190.
    Poor management team, especially the current Houston president, who was once a piper. Very obnoxious and rude to employees during meetings when they ask questions.
    Stay away........morale is low and unlikley to improve any time soon. Not competitive in pay scale either.

Address the current situation with the president, and dismiss him ASAP. Need to recruit someone with better savvy and market knowledge, instead of laying off people to keep afloat while the "president" commutes to West Virginia on weekends on the company dime.

Review for Aker Solutions US Inc

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Aker Solutions

Pros

Small company, flexible hours. People are nice to work with. Location is ok. Casual work environment. Work is not too stressful.

Cons

Management can't get projects and bullsh!ts to employees during All-Employee Meetings. Management takes an aggressive approach towards employees and does not realize that the engineers are the core value of the company and not themselves. They send people on "vacation" when there is no work and in general don't care about the employees. No real raises or promotions in the last 2, almost 3 years.

Recognize that the employees are the value of the company and treat them with respect. Quit hiring more upper level people that don't do anything but consume overhead resources. Quit paying for people to fly into work weekly from W. Virginia.

There are newer employer reviews for Aker Solutions