Fast Paced, Dynamic, Growth Company

Current Employee - Accounting in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Accounting in Plano, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity for self-starters, people with initiative and can do attitude. The company is growing rapidly and thus provides a tremendous chance to learn and explore new skills and areas of interest. The is not a place for a 9 to 5 mentality. But if you are looking for a challenge, a place to grow, an opportunity to have an impact on your future and as well as a place of leadership at work this is the place for you.

Cons

As with any company which is growing rapidly it has it's share of growing pains such as finding the correct employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and at this rate we will reach our goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Akorbi

1. Great

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Akorbi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot. I learned about public relations, marketing, decision making and project management.

Cons

This position is very busy. The industry overall is very challenging.

Advice to Management

I feel comfortable with them. Nothing to change.

VERY FAR FROM BEING A GOOD EMPLOYER

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Akorbi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Most of the people are very nice to work with. -If you are a translator or linguistic at an early career, It could be a good place as long as you are willing to put time and work for a lower rate if you are Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese speaker.

Cons

-Long hours. -Lots of "Extra time" expected to help the company grow w/o extra compensation. -High stressful environment. -A lot of micro-management from CEO. -No work/life balance. VERY WEIRD THAT THE LAST THREE REVIEWS IN THIS WEBSITE, WERE ALL FROM THE SAME DAY (FEB 7) AND ALL OF THEM POSITIVE...EITHER IS MANAGEMENT MAKING UP ALL THESE REVIEWS OR THEY ARE PUSHING EMPLOYEES TO LEAVE GOOD REVIEWS TO AVOID BAD REP IN THE INTERNET.

Advice to Management

Don't exploit mid-career employees by telling them you should be grateful to be working for such a great company, so we expect you to put in extra hours for the privilege of working for us. Find some good work/life/family balance or you will never retain people who are vital to the long-term growth and stability of your company. I saw many people leave the company and heard that a lot of people left the company before I joined them.