It has been Fabulous so far!! Great experience!!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Akraya full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It feels like family here,
Management team is very approachable
Transparency on our goals, number and finances
Very good learning curve
Great perks like house cleaning

Cons

Need to figure out more growth processes for internal staff
and More snacks in the kitchen

Probably more 1:1's in formal fashion.....but otherwise you guys are doing fantastic!

Other Reviews for Akraya

Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Akraya full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Transparent management, great leadership team
    Fun place to work
    Low stress environment
    Co-workers are capable and collaborative

Cons

need to manage growth better

Provide more training/learning opportunities for internal staff

Unethical Company. Stay away!

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Akraya as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

they have a pretty decent number of clients and a good relationship with managers at those clients. decent place to start a career

Cons

They don't reveal their true colors upront.

I was at a client location in San Jose working through another vendor company. They solicited me twice.. The first time i told them I am not interested. The second time, I was in need of more $$ due to a life event and I said okay. They offered me $7/hr more than what i was getting from my vendor.. My manager said that he cannot allow Akraya to come in and that it would be unethical. So then they gave me an opportunity to move to another project at $7/hr more. they told me that that project was a long-term project etc and I said great, let me jump there. So I resigned form this group where I had been with for more than 2 years and took up the other position. It so happened that the new team dropped the position in 1 month. I understand that these things happen.

But here's the twist,
    the reason why they took me out was not to give me a better opportunity, but to secure a place in the group where I was originally working which they had been trying to break into for a while and were dissatisfied with the fact that my previous vendor had placed me without much effort since they had supplied the right candidate for the position.. I found out later that the new manager had already told Akraya that the project will go on only for 1 month but they told me that it is long-term so that they could free up my seat with my original group.. I was left stranded with no project and was forced to be out of project for 1 month. I agree I was greedy for more money. But these guys are crooks.

Please stay away form this company. They know some top execs in companies and throw their weight around at those companies. I am very sure they might even be paying these execs in cash or kind. They must be investigated.

don't grow the company by soliciting somebody else's hard work.

There are newer employer reviews for Akraya.

Worked for Akraya? Contribute to the Community!