Alabama Metal Industries Corporation

www.amico-online.com

No Place To Be Right Now

(Former Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsCompensation fair
Good bonus plan when goals are met
Equitable work / life balance

ConsHorrible working atmosphere
Absolutely no teamwork
No such thing as job security

Ever since Corporate handed down unrealistic profit goals, the company has totally lost focus on the customer and considers only the bottom line to pacify the stockholders. Management knew it could make those impossible numbers only by cutting salary expense, which resulted in so many people downsized or going elsewhere to avoid being dowsized that the company is now unable to serve the needs of the customer base due to lack of manpower. I was one of the lucky ones who found another job and balied before the Corporate axe claimed my head. Placement service told me that they have more people from this company looking to get out than from any other client. Company is literally unable to fill some positions because every qualified person in the area knows their reputation and won't touch them. People remaining there are overburdened, hyperstressed, and are constantly on the lookout for a back to stick a knife in in an effort to protect their own precarious position. I have never worked anywhere where people work against each other as they do at this place.HR department is absolute worst I have ever seen. They have such a huge measure of contempt for the very work force that they are supposed to be there to serve that they discourage employees from bringing issues to them by being insulting and making them feel like idiots. Horrible, horrible place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate has given you an unrealistic goal. If you can't develope the backbone it takes to tell them that what they want can't be done without unacceptable cost to the company's functionality, I would suggest that you find other employment, as many already have, before they replace you, too.

It can be a great company again.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alabama Metal Industries Corporation

Pros: Good benefits. 401k match. Bonus plan is great when plan… Cons: Some national managers are too out of touch and too willing to look the other way when problems arise Too many people in the wrong… Advice to Senior Management: Empower managers to make decisions beyond the national level and get back to servicing the customer… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alabama Metal Industries Corporation.

Worked for Alabama Metal Industries Corporation? Contribute to the Community!