Alameda County Social Services

www.alamedasocialservices.org
There are newer employer reviews for Alameda County Social Services

Social Services

I have been working at Alameda County Social Services

Pros

Flexible career advancement. Support of Education and Family. Excellent benefits which are free Retirement benefits are great. Pretty good salary.

Cons

Advancement is not based on merit but upon who you know. Having a degree isn't valued as it should be. Lack of respect given to customers by workers who feel they are entitled. Workers do not feel supported by management

Look at overall training process. If you want to make a change change your personel choices. Give kudos and incentives to good workers.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Alameda County Social Services (View Most Recent)

Overall great employer to work for.

I have been working at Alameda County Social Services

Pros

There are great opportunities for advancement and to move around within the organization. There are also great benefits and pay. Most positions receive salary increases on a step scale. Serving the public is rewarding

Cons

There are enough hours in a day. The job is very demanding yet rewarding

None

Accounts Payable Clerk II

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk II  in  Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk II in Oakland, CA

I worked at Alameda County Social Services as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed having a variety of duties. This kept me very busy and made each work day seem like a difference experience and challenging. And because I enjoy learning new things I did not mind being assigned or taking on new projects.

Cons

I liked all of the benefits. But I did not like having money deducted out of my paycheck, to pay part of the cost of the benefits back to the company, for the days I was not at work. (Which was rare).

You will have a happier staff when they are commented regularly for there work, as well as good advice and constructive criticism when needed. (With a smile)!

There are newer employer reviews for Alameda County Social Services

Worked for Alameda County Social Services? Contribute to the Community!