Alamo Drafthouse

There are newer employer reviews for Alamo Drafthouse

Design Intern

Current Employee - Design Intern in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Design Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Alamo Drafthouse as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers are all very nice and have good attitudes. Relaxed atmosphere, while being very much about business. It doesn't hurt that we are all doing something we love.

Cons

As an intern I don't get paid, which is fine... the other benefits more than make up for it. There is construction going on next door, other than that, not too many cons.

Alamo is definitely on the ascent, so I would say expand that art department... and some fancy graphics tablets would be nice.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Alamo Drafthouse (View Most Recent)

Moslty The Same

Current Employee - Cook in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Cook in Katy, TX

I have been working at Alamo Drafthouse part-time (more than an year)

Pros

First off, you get free movies (aside from Friday nights and Saturdays when it super busy.) We get free shift meals, however limited to pizzas, salads, and specials, or half off something not on the free shift meal list. A majority of the people who work there are accepting of who you are and are more than willing to help you succeed.

Cons

I have been there for over a year now and have not heard one word of a raise, other people I am currently working with have asked and been declined. There is absolutely no room for growth so this is not the place to work if you want to move up the chain.

Show some appreciation, it is the least you can do if you aren't going to give raises regularly!!! There are currently "7" managers. Most of them spend their time watching their employees drown when it gets too busy or the building is under staffed, lend a hand every once in a while. Most of them just come across as lazy, I was a manager for 4 years I'm speaking from experience.

West Oaks

Former Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Bartender in Houston, TX

I worked at Alamo Drafthouse full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good in-between job. Will work with you.

Cons

not enough hours or room for advancement

There are newer employer reviews for Alamo Drafthouse