Alamo Rent A Car

www.go.alamo.com
  www.go.alamo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alamo Rent A Car

Fun work, but limited time off

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

liked the interaction with people on a daily basis.

Cons

There seemed like there was no importance on the part of upper management about quality of life for employees. work, work, work

21 Other Employee Reviews for Alamo Rent A Car (View Most Recent)

Overall, A great job

Current Employee - Rental Agent in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Rental Agent in Portland, ME

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

Excellent Pay and Benefits Package. The company is owned by Enterprise Holdings, which owns Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Rent-A-Car, and Alamo Rent-A-Car. I work at an Airport location which is very dependent on tourism. The summer season is spectacular for payout, and the winter season, though slower, is still much better than similar jobs.

Cons

As a rental agent at Alamo or National, advancement opportunities are a little tricky. Management positions are filled by Enterprise employees. In order to be promoted from a Rental Agent, one would have to become an Enterprise Management Trainee, (which is essentially a rental agent) and then work through promotions on that side of the company. That aside, there are no real problems with this company.

The best and worst place you will ever work

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Alamo Rent A Car

Pros

The employee discounts are awesome and if you are a manager you get a company car, which means you do not pay for the vehicle, gas or insurance on the car. It can be a very rewarding job. Everyday you meet people from all overthe world and you have the opportunity to help them in some way. People travel for business, family vacations or due to unfortunate circumstances such as a death or ill family member. All to often they don't bring the things they need to wiht them, it is our job to help the customers the best we can so that they can do what they came in town to do. Customer service is king at our company!

Cons

Well if you work at an airport location you are most likely open 24 hours so it can be hard sometime to work the hours needed. If you are a manager for this copmany plan on putting in 10 to 15 hours per day. People who leave exactly at their scheduled out time are looked upon as lazy and non-team players. In addition we are open on holidays so you will have to work the holidays away from your family

n/a