There are newer employer reviews for Alarm.com

Great place to work with smart, motivated individuals.

Current Employee - Sales Operations Associate  in  Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Sales Operations Associate in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young company that keeps the mindset of a start up even though the company is growing quickly and continuously.

Cons

If you need a lot of 'hand holding' from upper management to succeed then this may not be a good company for you.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Alarm.com (View Most Recent)

Great

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful office space (though physical space is tight due to exponential growth) the 14th floor reminds me of Entourage it's so sleek looking.

Fun events including company parties for milestones and competitions where food is served and people are happy to mingle and get to know one another

Excellent benefits and work life balance- largely because the company prides itself on only hiring the very best, so there is no need for management to have to control teams' schedules

The CEO is really incredible. This man knows my name! He is constantly in someones cube talking about project level work and is very invested and involved in day-to-day operations. It's also great that he has a sense of humor.

Successful and stable, this is sincerely the only job I've ever had where I knew for sure that we weren't going to tank or have layoffs and its a truly relieving feeling. I know I will be here for at least 5+ years

Training is pretty intense but definitely a blast. The company ensures each employee is fully educated on what we do and how we do it. In your training you are also sent to see their Minnesota office, which is fun and exciting.

Cons

Literally, we are having to be creative with space, from cubes to refrigerators we are running out of room! I think we have a new office picked out in Tyson's and I know we are moving but I am not sure when. I know it's good that we are hiring and having success but the space is a problem for sure.

As we grow, keep the level of benefits and care that you provide your employees steady. We're doing good work because management is good to us, but if that changes, the culture and the product could too.

Love it here!

I have been working at Alarm.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Alarm.com has terrific people and you really feel part of a team. It's a very collaborative culture and you are able to get meaningful work done. Employees are trusted and challenged to improve things and innovate and not be satisfied with status quo. We have been the pioneers in our technology space and continue to put a focus on innovation. I really enjoy our senior leadership - they are good people and are rolling their sleeves up and contributing. I've been with other companies where the leadership is very disconnected and that is NOT the case here.

Cons

Things are really busy because we have a lot going on! It's exciting and I love being involved in so much but could be intense for people not used to a fast paced environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Alarm.com

Worked for Alarm.com? Contribute to the Community!