Good environment, excellent perks

Former Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Anchorage, AK
Former Employee - Ramp Service Agent in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Free travel, great job while I was in school, down to earth employees, often times it was fun to work.

Cons

The positions I was in was unionized so the higher seniority people could sometimes be lazy and you had to make up for the slack. All while they get paid a lot more than you for doing the same job.

Advice to Management

No personal feel to any management feedback or job reviews.

Other Employee Reviews for Alaska Airlines

A great place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Great benefits and a great corporate culture. People here love the industry and love the company, and there are great benefits as well.

Cons

Below average compensation. Could be making much more in a different industry. Alaska (and I would assume most airlines) are cheap when it comes to compensation.

Exciting environment but stressful hours

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in SeaTac, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in SeaTac, WA

Pros

Flight benefits! The ability to trade away 50% of your shifts gives anyone the ability to use their flight benefits to travel the world. Alaska Airlines has a lot of pride and brand recognition which helps to drive the expectations of customer service in a big way. Work was fun when it was busy and you could never predict who or what you would see checking in at the airport.

Cons

The pay was the reason I left, it takes a lifetime to max out the pay scale and starting pay was only 10.80. The hours were also rough, it wasn't bad because shifts are bid on based on seniority but if you get stuck on a relief schedule your hours changed every week. One week it was starting work at 1 am the next week it was 3:45pm. I wasn't able to see my family and I ended up leaving the company.