Alaska Airlines

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Good, working towards great

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The employees are great to work with, Opportunities to work in various locations, Focused on the customer, Most leaders willing to make tough decisions for the greater good, The benefits are very good (vacation time and travel especially), Leadership is focused on being a great company and not just settling for being a great airline

Cons

Lack of accounability at all levels, Compensation is low for same jobs in other companies and industries, Software and hardware are antiquated and create productivity issues, Many groups still operate in silos and actively stop efforts to work cross-divisionaly

We have had a great few years, but few of them have had any effort on improving the work environment from the employee's perspective. The focus has been "what should we do" and then determining "how are we going to convince everyone this is the right plan".

91 Other Employee Reviews for Alaska Airlines (View Most Recent)

Awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Great people, really fun to work with. Awesome benefits, really fun and motivating company.

Cons

Not the most efficient corporate environment, technology on the customer end is fantastic, but terrible for employees. (We don't have MS Outlook and rely on an antiquated email system)

Broken systems, no accountability, lack of focus

Current Employee - IT Project Manager III in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Personal time off, flexible schedule, occasional telecommuting

Cons

IT systems are old and in constant need of repair. Very limited investment in improving behind-the-scenes operations. As far as project management goes, the budgets are undefined because labor isn't planned or tracked well. Schedules are never met because resources are spread too thin and personnel don't feel compelled to meet a schedule. Scopes are constantly in flux.

Focus! Implement and enforce use of a labor planning/time keeping tool that is easy to use. Make people accountable.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines