Would do the job forever if I wasn't going broke doing it.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Everyone is very positive and friendly. It can be a tough job during peak travel times but the employees keep the mood positive. Alaska Air is truly a family organization.

Cons

The pay for my particular job is too low. We (CSA's) are the face of the company and should be compensated a little better.

Raise the pay of the Customer Service Agents. They are where the rubber meets the road and are under compensated. The flight benefits are great but they alone are not reason to stay in this position. Other positions within Alaska get the same benefits and much less headache than dealing with passengers who complain to you about something that is out of your control.

Other Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines: No culture, no spirit, no future.

Current Employee - Pilot  in  Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Pilot in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

If you want to live and fly in Anchorage or Seattle and don't mind working for a company whose management team only wants to take care of themselves then this is the place for you.

Cons

Management continually fails to recognize the expertise available in day to day operations by current employees and makes decisions based on "focus groups" comprised of mid level managers who are out of touch with operations.
    What little positive corporate culture and team spirit is left is rapidly decaying under management's remote and deaf leadership.
    Constant reminders by leadership that they don't trust your judgement or ability to help lead the operation.

Start taking care of your people. I don't think it is too late to recover from the damage you have caused to this once great company. Go ride on SWA and see how their culture is. That culture and spirit is cultivated from above by a management team who actually cares about employees and the future of the company.
    Use the expertise available from your employees in shaping the future of the company and day to day operations. We see what goes on every day and can help to fix things. Let us take some ownership of this company.
    If things continue the way they are going the company is going to decay into another labor problem filled legacy carrier like NWA and when we reach that level there will be no turning around.

You know how to hire great people, you just don't know how to keep them!

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Before working for Alaska Air I thought that they were the "Cadiallac" of Airlines. After working there not so much.

Cons

Flights were oversold, delayed or mechanicals and Supervisors were never around to support the front line employees the supervisors went into hiding. Alaska Air should eliminate the unions as they were only good for protecting poor preforming employees. Overtime was never distributed evenly amoung all employees. If you were a new hire and you didn't volunteer every 48 hours to work overtime you were automatically given mandatory overtime.

The hiring process was like the reality shows on television today. You have to pass rounds of interviews to go to the next round of interviewing. My day started at 800 and ended finally at 1800 that evening. I thought I was going to be hired for a job paying $100K plus, instead of $10.15 per hour. You know how to hire great people, you just don't know how to keep them.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines.

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!