There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Run of the mill job - Happiness, stress, friends, schmucks, good managers and ego managers. Many different jobs performed from ticket agent to ops to flight attendant.

Cons

Pros are as typical as the cons. Same stuff as everywhere else in america no matter how bliss-full one may say their work environment is. The slackers have penetrated this work environment too and yes if your not a slacker you'll have to pull their weight or call them out on it, even if they're on the upper deck.

Your perfect work environment is not going to be found, you must create it. Decide what you enjoy doing that you can leave your mark and make a living. It is what you make it and it helps to know "The Secret" but "What the Bleep do we know"

A humble manager with high yet reasonable expectations will have his employees support and a great chance at 110%. Ego strokers are just gossip topic while minimum job requirements are met.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great training opportunties available

Former Employee - Passenger Services in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Passenger Services in Seattle, WA

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Interacting with passengers, the fantastic co workers and the opportunity to work at any of the stations. I also appreciated the non rev travel opportunities. Although there are not that many destinations - they are fantastic for travel on your days off.

I thought the training and customer service skills aquired were beneficial. The information I learned in this training was beneficial for future jobs.

Cons

The variable schedules were difficult to adjust to- I really felt that it was almost pure luck with what kind of shift you'd receive. (Luckily, they permit shift switching and picking up extra shifts). I didn't really have any bad experiences with this company though.

To distinguish yourself from other airlines, I belive that you need to empower your employees to make a difference when a passenger is having a bad day (when flights are cancelled etc). Alot of the time, it felt like hands were tied.

it's a great place to work because my peers are unequaled!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

amazing crews in LAX!! They are the best!!

Cons

We are not compensated for our time compared to other successful carriers like Southwest.

Make it fair that we get more pay for being asking us to be the best in the industry.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines