Alaska Airlines
www.alaskaair.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

You know how to hire great people, you just don't know how to keep them!

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsBefore working for Alaska Air I thought that they were the "Cadiallac" of Airlines. After working there not so much.

ConsFlights were oversold, delayed or mechanicals and Supervisors were never around to support the front line employees the supervisors went into hiding. Alaska Air should eliminate the unions as they were only good for protecting poor preforming employees. Overtime was never distributed evenly amoung all employees. If you were a new hire and you didn't volunteer every 48 hours to work overtime you were automatically given mandatory overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hiring process was like the reality shows on television today. You have to pass rounds of interviews to go to the next round of interviewing. My day started at 800 and ended finally at 1800 that evening. I thought I was going to be hired for a job paying $100K plus, instead of $10.15 per hour. You know how to hire great people, you just don't know how to keep them.

Alaska Airlines: No culture, no spirit, no future.

Pilot (Current Employee)
    Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros: If you want to live and fly in Anchorage or Seattle and don't mind working for a… Cons: Management continually fails to recognize the expertise available in day to day operations by current employees and makes decisions based on "focus groups" comprised of… Advice to Senior Management: Start taking care of your people. I don't think it is too late to recover from the damage you have caused to this once… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Complete lack of Leadership.

Pilot (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros: They have nice new aircraft and the employees are great… Cons: Management is comprised of bean-counters who know nothing of leadership or accountability. Their only mission is to fill their pockets and thus only concern… Advice to Senior Management: Treat employees with respect and understand that customers and shareholders… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alaska Airlines.

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alaska Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alaska Airlines CEO Bradley D. Tilden. All reviews posted anonymously by Alaska Airlines employees.