Great company

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the travel benefits. Sitting on the beach is great!

Cons

Pay isn't the best. Going to lame places or having to fly on your day off can be the worst.

Other Reviews for Alaska Airlines

Love the people I fly with

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the Travel Benefits of this job, the other flight attendants that I fly with, and all the exciting towns we go. Everyone is happy! Sitting on the beach with 24 hours to spend isn't so bad.

Cons

I feel like I am away from my family too much. Getting woke up at 3 am by crew scheduling saying you to need fly at 5 am isn't all it is cracked up to be. Not only does it wake up me but my family as well.

I wish they would be more family oriented. When you do call in sick crew scheduling isn't compassionate or understanding. It makes you second guess the company.

Hero to zero

I have been working at Alaska Airlines full-time

Pros

Good flight benefits. Some nice people in many customer faced departments. The company is really customer friendly, but what really counts (safety) is lacking.

Cons

Middle /Upper Management are stupid and have no credibility with their employees or the FAA. Have many fines and investigations for non-conformance. Safety and reporting problems is smoothed over with a huge turnover in the department with replacement by unskilled engineers. The VP of maintenance is expecting a major accident and is critical of engineering for good reason.

I would clean house in engineering managers ( and many lame engineers) and believe the maintenance management/mechanics are very good. Keep up the smily face in the rest of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines.

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!