There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines is holding their own.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst II  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

The best thing about working at Alaska Airlines is the travel benefits (when you get to use them). Most of the systems are new and pretty easy to support. Those we have written in the past are getting a lot of attention and may be replaced soon. Most of our duties now consist of vendor relations and management.

Cons

Well although we are doing better than most airlines we still are not seeing much profit sharing. Planes are full but at such a low price per seat we are just barely able to cover the cost of fuel. Stocks are down to an all time low, So we are all hoping for a new destination that everyone is willing to pay top dollar to visit.

We need to diversify our brand into food products, snack boxes for company meetings, school lunches, etc...
Watch for our new hot wheels logo.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Alaska Airlines (View Most Recent)

Would do the job forever if I wasn't going broke doing it.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Everyone is very positive and friendly. It can be a tough job during peak travel times but the employees keep the mood positive. Alaska Air is truly a family organization.

Cons

The pay for my particular job is too low. We (CSA's) are the face of the company and should be compensated a little better.

Raise the pay of the Customer Service Agents. They are where the rubber meets the road and are under compensated. The flight benefits are great but they alone are not reason to stay in this position. Other positions within Alaska get the same benefits and much less headache than dealing with passengers who complain to you about something that is out of your control.

You know how to hire great people, you just don't know how to keep them!

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Before working for Alaska Air I thought that they were the "Cadiallac" of Airlines. After working there not so much.

Cons

Flights were oversold, delayed or mechanicals and Supervisors were never around to support the front line employees the supervisors went into hiding. Alaska Air should eliminate the unions as they were only good for protecting poor preforming employees. Overtime was never distributed evenly amoung all employees. If you were a new hire and you didn't volunteer every 48 hours to work overtime you were automatically given mandatory overtime.

The hiring process was like the reality shows on television today. You have to pass rounds of interviews to go to the next round of interviewing. My day started at 800 and ended finally at 1800 that evening. I thought I was going to be hired for a job paying $100K plus, instead of $10.15 per hour. You know how to hire great people, you just don't know how to keep them.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!