There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines is holding their own.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst II in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

The best thing about working at Alaska Airlines is the travel benefits (when you get to use them). Most of the systems are new and pretty easy to support. Those we have written in the past are getting a lot of attention and may be replaced soon. Most of our duties now consist of vendor relations and management.

Cons

Well although we are doing better than most airlines we still are not seeing much profit sharing. Planes are full but at such a low price per seat we are just barely able to cover the cost of fuel. Stocks are down to an all time low, So we are all hoping for a new destination that everyone is willing to pay top dollar to visit.

Advice to Management

We need to diversify our brand into food products, snack boxes for company meetings, school lunches, etc...
Watch for our new hot wheels logo.

reviews filtered by

Would do the job forever if I wasn't going broke doing it.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Everyone is very positive and friendly. It can be a tough job during peak travel times but the employees keep the mood positive. Alaska Air is truly a family organization.

Cons

The pay for my particular job is too low. We (CSA's) are the face of the company and should be compensated a little better.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay of the Customer Service Agents. They are where the rubber meets the road and are under compensated. The flight benefits are great but they alone are not reason to stay in this position. Other positions within Alaska get the same benefits and much less headache than dealing with passengers who complain to you about something that is out of your control.

Alaska Airlines: No culture, no spirit, no future.

Current Employee - Pilot in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Pilot in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

If you want to live and fly in Anchorage or Seattle and don't mind working for a company whose management team only wants to take care of themselves then this is the place for you.

Cons

Management continually fails to recognize the expertise available in day to day operations by current employees and makes decisions based on "focus groups" comprised of mid level managers who are out of touch with operations.
    What little positive corporate culture and team spirit is left is rapidly decaying under management's remote and deaf leadership.
    Constant reminders by leadership that they don't trust your judgement or ability to help lead the operation.

Advice to Management

Start taking care of your people. I don't think it is too late to recover from the damage you have caused to this once great company. Go ride on SWA and see how their culture is. That culture and spirit is cultivated from above by a management team who actually cares about employees and the future of the company.
    Use the expertise available from your employees in shaping the future of the company and day to day operations. We see what goes on every day and can help to fix things. Let us take some ownership of this company.
    If things continue the way they are going the company is going to decay into another labor problem filled legacy carrier like NWA and when we reach that level there will be no turning around.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines