There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Decline to State in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Decline to State in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

There is a ton of oppurtunity for growth/ upward mobility, if you choose to make Alaska Airlines a career. We have awesome bonuses , share profiting, and flight benefits. If you ever want to try a new job Alaska encourges you to go for it! If you don't like it, then you have three months to return to your previous position. You also get to meet a lot of different people, depending on what department you work in. Alaska is all about promoting from within the company and they love deidicated and passionate people who really want to be here.

Cons

Raises can be hard to come by if you are in a management position. Contracted positions get raises automatically. Also, if you are in a contracted position you are under a union which makes the incompetent, lazy people impossible to fire. Bill Ayer, the CEO loves to send e-mails about the financial position that the company is in to scare people into thinking that they are going to lose their jobs.

Good Job!

84 Other Employee Reviews for Alaska Airlines (View Most Recent)

Alaska Airlines is holding their own.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

The best thing about working at Alaska Airlines is the travel benefits (when you get to use them). Most of the systems are new and pretty easy to support. Those we have written in the past are getting a lot of attention and may be replaced soon. Most of our duties now consist of vendor relations and management.

Cons

Well although we are doing better than most airlines we still are not seeing much profit sharing. Planes are full but at such a low price per seat we are just barely able to cover the cost of fuel. Stocks are down to an all time low, So we are all hoping for a new destination that everyone is willing to pay top dollar to visit.

We need to diversify our brand into food products, snack boxes for company meetings, school lunches, etc...
    Watch for our new hot wheels logo.

Would do the job forever if I wasn't going broke doing it.

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Everyone is very positive and friendly. It can be a tough job during peak travel times but the employees keep the mood positive. Alaska Air is truly a family organization.

Cons

The pay for my particular job is too low. We (CSA's) are the face of the company and should be compensated a little better.

Raise the pay of the Customer Service Agents. They are where the rubber meets the road and are under compensated. The flight benefits are great but they alone are not reason to stay in this position. Other positions within Alaska get the same benefits and much less headache than dealing with passengers who complain to you about something that is out of your control.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines