Alaska Airlines
www.alaskaair.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

The Eskimo Weeps.

Management (Current Employee)
SeaTac, WA

ProsAlaska promotes a real family atmosphere, but it's more preach than practice sometimes. If you happen to work for a decent manager, you can take advantage of flexible schedules, commuter benefits and telecommuting. They offer a very generous PTO program for management. This is all at the discretion of your manager.

ConsAlaska has done a lot of hiring from the outside lately. It's become a reitrement home for people from other loser airlines, and that fosters bad feelings from employees trying to get promoted. Alaska also seems to think that anyone in a position of leadership is automatically a good employee, which is not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring qualified people from within the company. They exist and know the culture and dynamic of the company better than anyone from the outside.

Alaska Airlines is a great company to work for!

Decline to State (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros: There is a ton of oppurtunity for growth/ upward mobility, if you choose to make Alaska Airlines a career. We have awesome bonuses , share… Cons: Raises can be hard to come by if you are in a management position. Contracted positions get raises automatically. Also, if you are in a… Advice to Senior Management: Good Job! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Alaska Airlines is holding their own.

Senior Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Alaska Airlines

Pros: The best thing about working at Alaska Airlines is the travel benefits (when you get to use them). Most of the systems are new… Cons: Well although we are doing better than most airlines we still are not seeing much profit sharing. Planes are full but at such a… Advice to Senior Management: We need to diversify our brand into food products, snack boxes… More
There are newer reviews on Alaska Airlines.

Worked for Alaska Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alaska Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alaska Airlines CEO Bradley D. Tilden. All reviews posted anonymously by Alaska Airlines employees.