Alaska Airlines

www.alaskaair.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines

Exciting environment but stressful hours

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in SeaTac, WA
Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in SeaTac, WA

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Flight benefits! The ability to trade away 50% of your shifts gives anyone the ability to use their flight benefits to travel the world. Alaska Airlines has a lot of pride and brand recognition which helps to drive the expectations of customer service in a big way. Work was fun when it was busy and you could never predict who or what you would see checking in at the airport.

Cons

The pay was the reason I left, it takes a lifetime to max out the pay scale and starting pay was only 10.80. The hours were also rough, it wasn't bad because shifts are bid on based on seniority but if you get stuck on a relief schedule your hours changed every week. One week it was starting work at 1 am the next week it was 3:45pm. I wasn't able to see my family and I ended up leaving the company.

95 Other Employee Reviews for Alaska Airlines (View Most Recent)

overall unfulfilling

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

flight benefits
    health and vision benefits

Cons

uncaring management
    not alot of recognition for a job well done

The best airline to work for and fly.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Alaska Airlines

Pros

Free flight benefits on Alaska and Horizon as well as big discount on other airlines. Airline focuses on its people before its profit.

Cons

The airline business in general is hard to work for. Customers are often in a hurry, angry, and demanding. The industry is volatile and unpredictable and highly competitive so don't expect job security.

Have more fun in an industry that sucks. Southwest got this one right, they have fun. You have the best employees in the business, put them to good use.

There are newer employer reviews for Alaska Airlines