Albany Medical Center
www.amc.edu Albany, NY 5000+ Employees

Research Scientist

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Albany, NY

ProsThe people at AMC in day-to-day operations are fantastic. The scientists and staff are friendly, intelligent, and caring.

ConsLittle institutional support as a whole. The hospital is more concerned with the hospital than things that deal with anything research-related. Compensation is grossly disproportionately weighed towards the hospital, including benefits and such. Not really liking the fact that AMC as a policy calls patients "customers."

Advice to Senior ManagementAMC needs to provide incentives for people to want to come to Albany to do research at AMC. Due to little to no competition in health research, they are at liberty to do as they please and basically say we can work elsewhere.

Bottom line oriented institution

Physician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Albany Medical Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart, hard working colleagues with genuine concern for patients Cons: Unresponsive hospital bureaucracy with poor institutional focus on quality Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your people, avoid platitudes More

working there was great..the people were great but the parking was horrific!!

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Albany Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros: great benefits, great working conditions Cons: no parking and the cafeteria prices were a little high Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Albany Medical Center.

Worked for Albany Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Albany Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Albany Medical Center CEO James J. Barba. All reviews posted anonymously by Albany Medical Center employees.