Alberta Health Services

www.albertahealthservices.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Alberta Health Services

The most rewarding job ever

Current Employee - UNE in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - UNE in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Alberta Health Services part-time (less than a year)

Pros

University of alberta hospital creates a positive learning and welcoming environment for me. I enjoy working with the staffs and the patients

Cons

There should be more in- service training for casual positions especially for the undergraduate nurses position.

93 Other Employee Reviews for Alberta Health Services (View Most Recent)

health care aid

Current Employee - Healthcare Aid
    Current Employee - Healthcare Aid

I have been working at Alberta Health Services part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Well dood job for starting out to get into nursing , or if you like nursing and don't have the grades to get into a nursing schools ,

Cons

you may get comfortable and dont want to move on

Literally a glass ceiling with promises of better opportunities with no actions whatsoever.

Current Employee - Installation and Commissioning Facilitator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Alberta Health Services

Pros

The benefit package and vacation structure seems to be fair. I have met some great people from all aspects of the healthcare industry.

Cons

Always the expectation to carry out jobs with little to no incentive or recognition upon completion of work. Little to no learning opportunities in terms of courses, workshops etc. Work life balance focuses primarily on work with little emphasis on life. Manpower given to complete work is completely unreasonable yet expected to be completed within given deadlines.

Recognition, recognition, recognition. Incentive, incentive, incentive. Lead, empower and recognize the staff that are making YOU look good. Just because someone does a good job doesnt mean that extra responsibility and work should be dumped on that person. Utilize the resources given to you more effectively and support staff with the manpower REQUIRED to get the work done.

There are newer employer reviews for Alberta Health Services