Alberta Health Services
www.albertahealthservices.ca Calgary, Canada 5000+ Employees

Worked in IS department and it felt like a dictatorship

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsThe pay was decent and the various benefits were great, given that AHS doesn't really pay for training it's nice to have the Flex benefits which you can put towards training. Liked that they have a pension plan.

ConsVery Big brother like atmosphere, left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. The politics in this organization is horrible. Not much room for advancement unless you take a position on in another department. They generally don't pay for training, if it's free, no problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a manager is hired, they should be hired based on qualifications and not who they know.

Health Research Student Co-Op Alberta Health Services.

Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee)
    Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Alberta Health Services part-time for more than a year

Pros: There is much room for growth into higher positions since Alberta health services is expanding especially with the opening of a new hospital in… Cons: Alberta health services is a province wide government health care provider therefore the hiring process is quite lengthy and it will take approximately a… Advice to Senior Management: The management for student research positions is okay. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Clerk IV

Clerk IV (Former Employee)
    Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Alberta Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great staff! I worked with some of the most dedicated and caring staff that I have ever met. The front line staff… Cons: Work culture has not great. The management styles were stuck in the past and were a bit outdated. Not much room for advancement. Also, changes… Advice to Senior Management: Learn to embrace change and better communication. Be transparent at all levels of the organization. Take the values of the organization and really make it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alberta Health Services.

Worked for Alberta Health Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alberta Health Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alberta Health Services CEO Vicki Kaminski. All reviews posted anonymously by Alberta Health Services employees.