Alberta Health Services

www.albertahealthservices.ca
  www.albertahealthservices.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Alberta Health Services

Upper Management is more concerned with their bonuses than patients

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Alberta Health Services part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The staff providing front line care ( doctors, nurses, health care aides, support staff and most lower level management) are there for the right reasons. Many of these people are putting in hours of unpaid time just to ensure patients are receiving safe care

Cons

Upper management has little to no concern for staff and patients. Nursing jobs are being cut and AHS is planning to lay off several RNs over the next 2 years. Patients are being sent home before they are ready. Staff concerns are dismissed and staff is routinely bullied.

Be honest about what your agenda is. Don't claim that patient care is a priority when you are slashing the numbers of RNs and other health care workers

80 Other Employee Reviews for Alberta Health Services (View Most Recent)

The experience has been good. (Note: I am in IT) 3.5/5 stars. It was 4.5 until a few months ago.

Current Employee - IT Service Management
    Current Employee - IT Service Management

I have been working at Alberta Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work benefits like vacation (4 weeks to start), good all around management - everyone up to director level are quite accessible, even executive treats basic IT people with respect and friendliness (most of the time).

Cons

Upper management from other AHS departments has a tendency to put IT last. Many of them are so focused on the clinical side that they forget about our needs and that if our needs are not met then we cannot support the clinical side.

Non-IT upper management; please start considering IT's needs to be just as important as everyone else's. Without the IT systems your clinical staff are unable to work properly. Please show us some more respect.

IT management; Start sticking up for us against the rest of AHS. Without us their hospitals fall apart.

All AHS management; it is simply wrong that you would accept bonus's while freezing our wages. It is also immoral to lie to us about it. These actions create a culture of distrust.

Good overall. Until a month ago it was a 4/5 now it is a 3/5. I am in IT.

Current Employee - IT CHANGE MANAGER
    Current Employee - IT CHANGE MANAGER

I have been working at Alberta Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, good benefits. Lots of opportunities to learn and to advance. Management in IT is friendly and relatively good.

Cons

We keep losing leaders which is messing with IT. Often the rest of AHS does not consider IT to be important and because of that we are often given last consideration. An example of this is that we are being moved down south to a new location; we were given 2 weeks notice, there is no parking for us, and no off hours access. Projects in AHS are disorganized exactly like this.

AHS in general needs to realize that they cannot do their work if IT cannot do theirs. Please respect us more.

New project managers; most of the current PM's need to go back to school as they fumble even the most simple of projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Alberta Health Services

Worked for Alberta Health Services? Contribute to the Community!