There are newer employer reviews for Albuquerque Public Schools

Good job if you are

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Teacher in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Albuquerque Public Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Steady job
Off early in the day
Admin is usually hands off--just smile and things will be fine.

Cons

Very old school system in New Mexico where you could be a horrible teacher with 10 years under your belt and get a salary increase, but a phenomenal teacher will have to prove themselves for 3-6 years.
Unorganized. Administration at the main office is a joke.
Horrible benefits. The worst I've ever had--and I worked retail!

Get organized. Quit bullying. You guys are worse than the kids.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Albuquerque Public Schools (View Most Recent)

Long term poor reputation

I have been working at Albuquerque Public Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Retirement if you can stay long enough. And job stability is good. Reminds me of being back in school again, rather clicky.

Cons

I unfortunately do not know of anyone; existing or past, employee that has good things to say. Most will comment that it is a 'dysfunctional environment'. It is one of the major employers here so it's a major draw. It appears to be much like other very large school systems; is very top heavy. The pay is poor unless you are a principal or above.

Unfortunately everyone in this area already knows APS does not have a good reputation. This goes back for at least 30 yrs so I doubt anything will change if at all. Stop just moving around admin or anyone else when they are lacking in their job ; wack em'. Most get transferred instead of shown the door, that is unless they are caught doing something illegal with a student.

Great company no so good pay

I have been working at Albuquerque Public Schools

Pros

lots of pto/sick/annual and very flexible with hours in some offices not all. Easy work as a level 3 secretary. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help

Cons

Working the district office has a lot of clicks and groups and if your not in the upper management the pay is not so good.

Treat your employee's like people and not like your personal slaves.

There are newer employer reviews for Albuquerque Public Schools

Worked for Albuquerque Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!