this was an awesome internship!

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent as an intern for less than a year

Pros

working at bell labs gave me the chance to work with brilliant people, learning a lot from them. had the possibiilty to work with people from all the world

Cons

sometimes you feel the pressure, presentations and reports have strict deadlines, and it is research, so it is a continuous "do and undo"..

Other Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

The company is still playing catch up despite having a handful of innovative products

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Wellington (New Zealand)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Wellington (New Zealand)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work culture, good benefits, diverse culture and a strong focus on r&d - I worked in the European and APAC markets and enjoyed the challenge

Cons

Still holding on to their past achievements, not quick to adapt to market needs, has a massive middle management layer that they can do without

Get out of loss making business asap, concentrate on wireless technologies, need to think of better ways of providing value to operators. Focus on retaining technical staff and not middle management. Empower local regional units with non-negotiable targets - there is too much autonomy but not enough accountability in the RUs.

Very technical environment, lot to learn, often stressful, Professional environment. Overall Positive!

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

*Professional environment
    *Globally Reputed enterprise
    *Technical environment
    *Many opportunities to develop your skills
    *You learn to be responsible as many things depend solely on you
    *Good payscale

In my experience, i found ALU to be a place to present your technical skills (development and scripting, strong theoretical knowledge on telecom and on protocols) and also participate in new project management techniques like Agile method, where we had a scrum of 3 weeks in general.

Cons

*Work is often under pressure
    *Very often Stressful
    *Sometimes the skills demanded are too high..not easy for beginners
    *Financially not stable since some years now
    *Layoff done in France as well

No advice in particular. Just hope that the financial crisis gets over soon enough and that ALU continues on delivering quality services to Clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Alcatel-Lucent.

Worked for Alcatel-Lucent? Contribute to the Community!