Alcatel-Lucent

www.alcatel-lucent.com
  www.alcatel-lucent.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alcatel-Lucent

Very nice 8-month internship experience with Alcatel-Lucent

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexibility of working schedule: since the position was for student internship, the working schedule is not very strict. But one has to make sure of getting things done on time! The overall environment is nice and friendly. One may learn a lot from colleagues.

Cons

The beginning was hard. My position was like handling applications with a small start-up group within the team. Many other team members had no idea what these students were doing. At the end it was fine, once the applications one made/developed are really good.

1420 Other Employee Reviews for Alcatel-Lucent (View Most Recent)

Relaxed job for mediocrity. Average pay.

Former Employee - Cost Analyst in Timişoara (Romania)
    Former Employee - Cost Analyst in Timişoara (Romania)

I worked at Alcatel-Lucent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed working conditions, trips to nice places. The company's policy is to respect the employees during the trip and not choos cheap flights or cheap hotels. I very much appreciated this.

Cons

Mediocrity is encouraged. If you have some ideas of improving, some managers will tell you that is not what you are payed for. But it depends on the team. This is what happens in the supply-chain team in Romania: the managers from USA are very superficial.

Encourage new ideas, especially on supply-chain. There are huge losses because of poor management; we were tellong this to our managers from USA and they would ignore it.

I can summarize my experience at Alcatel-Lucent as a constant challenge to grow professionally

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Caracas, Capital District (Venezuela)

I have been working at Alcatel-Lucent full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good working environment, opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

Nonexistent increases salary policy according to the particular needs of each country

There are newer employer reviews for Alcatel-Lucent