There are newer employer reviews for Alcoa

They communicate well but the lack of pay is a problem for all the older employees

Current Employee - Team Lead Assembly Cranberry Twp in Cranberry Twp, PA
Current Employee - Team Lead Assembly Cranberry Twp in Cranberry Twp, PA

Pros

The safety of the employees is the number one priority. They communicate work schedules very well. They have a very good benefit package.They respect the work we do overall.

Cons

They recently took our company over (Traco) and they are making salaries for new (temp) employees more than the salaries for the experienced employees that run the products. We work hard building windows and we can't hold alcoa responsible for our previous employers mistakes with the salaries but they are creating a poor work environment by increasing wages to unexperienced employees while not increasing the current employees wages.

Advice to Management

We as employees try hard to make our shipments but the current moral over the wages has become a real problem. Employees on the floor with years of experience need to be compensated fairly and recognized for their achievements and knowledge

Other Employee Reviews for Alcoa

Very political and equivalent to the sixth grade in terms of cliques

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Pros

Huge company with lots of locations and business units, excellent name recognition, opportunities to learn if you want to take it upon yourself to do so.

Cons

Extremely political and if you are not one of the group or if someone in the group is threatened by you, your skills and abilities or education level, then look out. You will not have the opportunities to advance as you should.

Advice to Management

You go to great lengths to recruit very talented and educated women and then you devalue them and their contributions to the organization...as evidenced by the large numbers of senior level women leaving the company.

Alcoa as a company is an insidious dog-eat dog, clannish environment

Current Employee - Operations in Bettendorf, IA
    Current Employee - Operations in Bettendorf, IA

Pros

Upper Management theoreticallly likes to change things.

Cons

Whatever is preached by upper level management goes through hi-tech lynching by the power holders.

Advice to Management

Get out the in-breeding for an effective change