Alcoa
www.alcoa.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A continuous pride-swallowing Seige

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsAlcoa offered me a ridiculous amount of money out of college to work at their Corporate Headquarters which was a beautiful location, very clean with lots of training opportunities.

ConsMany of the managers are promoted and/or hired in with no competency whatsoever. Men rule the roost while women back-stab each other for the scraps. I saw many talented people get disheartened and leave while many incompetent managers have stayed and prospered. There is no system in place to get rid of the "dummies".

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to what made you great - valuing your people. This was once a great company but you have lost your way and lost a great deal of talented & dedicated people. Act now.

They communicate well but the lack of pay is a problem for all the older employees

Team Lead Assembly Cranberry Twp (Current Employee)
    Cranberry Twp, PA

I have been working at Alcoa

Pros: The safety of the employees is the number one priority. They communicate work schedules… Cons: They recently took our company over (Traco) and they are making salaries for new (temp) employees more than the salaries for the experienced employees that… Advice to Senior Management: We as employees try hard to make our shipments but the current moral over the wages has become a real… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Only at Alcoa

Electrician (Current Employee)
    Alcoa, TN

I have been working at Alcoa

Pros: Great people to work with, a lot of the areas are old North plant was built in 1942… Cons: The union allows a lot of people with no skills getting jobs are not qualified for, also the union make special deals with other people… Advice to Senior Management: Do not allow people who are not qualified to stay in their jobs, more accountability to the workforce, the apprenticeship programs should not allow people… More
There are newer reviews on Alcoa.

Worked for Alcoa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcoa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alcoa CEO Klaus Kleinfeld. All reviews posted anonymously by Alcoa employees.