Alcoa

www.alcoa.com

Pros and Cons of Howmet

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Exeter, England (UK)

ProsYou can work 8 to 4 with 2 coffee breaks and a lanch break. There is a lot of independence in how you do your job and no one checks what are you doing.

ConsPeople skills of senior management are close to none. The company does not care about recruting right people, therefore level of overall performance is very poor. There is no training scheme for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove people skills and start engaging people. Redesign recruitment practices to get only the best people. Create a training scheme and let your employees develop.

Good Company but very slow & losing opportunities

I have been working at Alcoa

Pros: Professional, Recruits competent people, Provides Exposure to high technology, Excellent… Cons: Very poor in commercial talent pool, Working with 50's mindset, slow to react to… Advice to Senior Management: Implement 360 degree feedback, Make your HR much more effective… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Experience 1950's management attitudes at ALCOA!

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alcoa

Pros: Alcoa provides a competitive wage (not leading) but does demonstrate a… Cons: Alcoa is a "good'ol boy" business. Women are not found to advance in the Operations and Engineering fields -- only men. … Advice to Senior Management: Wake up and see what the global competition is doing. You your best resources and think about the people that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alcoa.

Worked for Alcoa? Contribute to the Community!