Alcoa
www.alcoa.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

So happy I left

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alcoa full-time for less than a year

ProsSalary and benefits, some great hourly employees that really care.

ConsMany management employees do absolutely nothing and still keep their jobs. Long term employees are like dinosaurs, they refuse to give up their ways and accept change.
There is no teamwork or compromise, even though they preach it every day.
When you try to discuss it with your supervisor you get the run around and are told to "be patient it will get better." I doesn't and it never will.

One of the biggest problems is managements failure to recognize and reward hourly employees that go above and beyond. They are experts at taking exceptional employees and turning them into disgruntled mediocre workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach.

So Happy I Left!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Alcoa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: If you are open to itt -- and part of the favored… Cons: Long hours, emotionally abusive environment, the harder you work the more work is piled on top of you -- particularly frustrating when other co-workers get… Advice to Senior Management: Get new management. Everything needs to be fixed. Rude, unethical conceited management hired people exactly like themselves and now the entire company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work

Skill Tradesmen (Current Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Alcoa full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Many opportunities for college grads Cons: Technology is catching up to the 50+ year old equipment Advice to Senior Management: You have to spend money to make money Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alcoa.

Worked for Alcoa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alcoa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alcoa CEO Klaus Kleinfeld. All reviews posted anonymously by Alcoa employees.