Alcon

www.alcon.com

My overall experience at Alcon was excellent. It was my first Sales experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative  in  Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Stamford, CT

Pros

Great people to work with and excellent compensation package from Base Salary, Bonus Structure, Company Car, 401K, Health Benefits, and Vacation time.

Cons

The Company Culture has changed a great deal since Novartis has taken over and it's not nearly as fun to work there. Several good people have been forced out and the Sales Divisions have been somewhat stagnant over the past couple of years.

Get back to the basics of listening to your employees and incorporating some of their feedback into making improvements in moral and operation structure.

Other reviews for Alcon

Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Quality Engineer  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Irvine, CA

Pros

Great environment with friendly people. Managers are not overbearing or condescending.

Cons

Food can be pricey at times

Stay Away from Alcon Labs

Former Employee - Compounder  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Compounder in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

It's a job if you are desperate.

Cons

Don't come here if you smoke and don't be a temp here. The managment and employees treat you like you are lower than a rat if you are a temp. If you are a temp you are not allowed to go to any company functions even though you may work 40+ hours for them. You give up your weekends and work nights and they won't hire you. They just drag you along for years and keep telling you that you will be hired if you just wait it out. I don't think I have enough room here to go into shift supervisors.

I watched the transition to novartis and the euro style is a recipe for a sinking ship. I did not find but a hand full of college educated employees that have been there longer than 10 years. The smart ones got out. While I was there I saw kids get promoted while anybody who had a clue was ignored. Replace your shift supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Alcon.

Worked for Alcon? Contribute to the Community!