Alcon

www.alcon.com
  www.alcon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alcon

Alcon WAS a great place to work

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Alcon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Atmosphere, people, salary and benefits.
Having a health clinic on campus was great so that you didn't have to take so much time out to go see your doctor for something minor. Great workout facility. Somewhat of a good cafeteria.

Cons

The merge with Novartis has really hurt Alcon, employees who have been there for years are seeing changes that aren't that great but new comers don't know the difference. Alcon use to be a great family oriented place to work but all that has changed. Upper management may tell you that they are working hard for you and trying to do the best they can for you but it's not all true, management only wants what is good for them and when they recieve their bonus they are happy. I would say that some of the wrong people have been laid off in the past 5 years, people that know their job, do a great job, don't goof off on the job are some of the ones laid off but there are still employees there that have been in so much trouble with HR, are close to retirement age, goof off most of the time that are still with the company. It's really a shame that the people they lay off did so much work and were dedicated to the job and now 4-5 people are doing that one job and don't know what they are doing.

Start treating employees like people again and not numbers and looking at them thinking how much money can they make me today. I remember when Mr. Sear was there and he would always talk to someone and if he didn't know your name he would ask you what it was and call you by name the next time he saw you. Alcon is a huge company and not everyone is going to remember every persons name but they can at least say hello in passing.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Alcon (View Most Recent)

My overall experience at Alcon was excellent. It was my first Sales experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry.

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Stamford, CT

I worked at Alcon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and excellent compensation package from Base Salary, Bonus Structure, Company Car, 401K, Health Benefits, and Vacation time.

Cons

The Company Culture has changed a great deal since Novartis has taken over and it's not nearly as fun to work there. Several good people have been forced out and the Sales Divisions have been somewhat stagnant over the past couple of years.

Get back to the basics of listening to your employees and incorporating some of their feedback into making improvements in moral and operation structure.

Wonderful Company to work for! I loved going to work everyday I was there.

Former Employee - Calibration Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Calibration Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Alcon as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They made sure their employees had the little extras that made your day go so much better.

Cons

Unable to continue my contract term indefinitely!

Keep working as a team player in a team environment!

There are newer employer reviews for Alcon