Alere
www.alere.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Questionable company practices

Care Manager (Former Employee)
Lakewood, CO

ProsPotential to provide information and education to benefit patients in need. Ability to work remotely from home, although this is a very double edged situation due to the micromanagement.

ConsQuestionable misleading practice of having Nurses identify themselves as working for insurance company which they do not, so called "branded clients", are insurance companies that do not want patient to know this "disease management is being outsourced. Personal Health Information is being solicited from patients without the patient being fully informed of what company is collecting data or for what purpose this aggregate data is being collected. Nurses are placing themselves between the patient and their physician. Terrible micromanagement and inexperienced nurses placed in management positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the practice of Nurses misleading the people they are calling about what company is gathering personal health information. This practice does not seem ethical, people should be informed of what company is requesting their personal information so they can make an informed decision to participate or not.

research scientist for a device company

Research Scientist (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time for more than a year

Pros: there is a good work life balance Cons: not a lot of opportunities for advancement Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazed at how Alere is managed..

Care Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alere full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good job helping people get better. Cons: Management is top heavy and is not in true with what happens with middle managers or just does not care. I have noticed since… Advice to Senior Management: It's about time you take some time to "care for your own". Unhappy employees equals unhappy customers and clients. Look at why you… More
There are newer reviews on Alere.

Worked for Alere? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alere reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alere CEO Ron Zwanziger. All reviews posted anonymously by Alere employees.