Alere
www.alere.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Very Poor/Negative/Critical Work Environment

(Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsGreat counselors/coworkers who try so hard to succeed and endeavor to match the ever changing, difficult call metrics the company forces upon them.

ConsCounselors are micromanaged and nit-picked with a high level of abstract, confusing criticism. There is a high turn over of staff and this is a very stressful place to work overall. Lots of good workers get fired for things which make no sense. American Cancer Society use to have this Quit Smoking program before they transferred it to Alere and I suspect their negative management style has never actually left the place! ACS may still be the brains behind it which would explain alot.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis heavy handed pushy mgmt style has proven itself to be demoralizing to their employees and yet it never changes. The only reason they keep it is because there are so many young naiive people needing jobs, they can do whatever they want. *Beware*

My experience at Alere has been limited but pretty laid back.

QA Analyst (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Alere full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The pay is average. The culture is pretty laid… Cons: Benefits aren't that good. Don't encourage growth. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Questionable company practices

Care Manager (Former Employee)
    Lakewood, CO

I worked at Alere full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Potential to provide information and education to benefit patients in need. Ability to work… Cons: Questionable misleading practice of having Nurses identify themselves as working for insurance company which they do not, so called "branded clients", are insurance companies that… Advice to Senior Management: Stop the practice of Nurses misleading the people they are calling about what company is gathering personal health information. This practice does not seem… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Alere.

Worked for Alere? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alere reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alere CEO Ron Zwanziger. All reviews posted anonymously by Alere employees.