Alere
www.alere.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Poor managment styles

Enrollment Service (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alere full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDecent benifits are ok but could be cheaper since it is a health company

ConsNo Bonus structure for sales position
Little freedom to perform job in a way that would benefit company employee and most important Participatn
Unrealistic metrics for all employees
Little to no growth opportunity’s
Raises are insignificant and do not even make a difference
No recognition for performance
Upper management is very secretive and vague tries to hide the truth and answers your question by leaving you even more questions.
Very unstable environment leaving you with a lack of job stability and constantly walking on egg shells or looking over your back.
Not a job that inspires greatness out of its employee’s
No efforts to keep motivation or moral up
Management yell and belittle their employee’s in front of other employee’s and openly discusses short comings of one employee with another. Agents are not giving opportunities to express their frustrations openly without fear of corrective action harassment or loss of job. Agents are forced to cower to the managers in fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employee's and they will take care of you. The bottome line is not always what is most important. Live the Alere values. And treat employee's with dignity and respect.

1 star is 1 star too many

I have been working at Alere full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Working from home is the ONLY pro. Cons: Poor pay with minimal raises Continually decreasing benefits Absurd performance "quotas" Advice to Senior Management: Get a clue. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Alere Must Be Going Broke-Poor Management Choices, and This is an Understatement!

Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alere full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There used to be pros..they still provide coffee. Cons: *This is a sales job that does not provide commission…at all! I know strange indeed. *You are not promoted by talent, but… Advice to Senior Management: Give the chance to earn the extra money it's sales...... hello! Your best employees cover more than themselves they cover a whole other employee… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alere.

Worked for Alere? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alere reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alere CEO Ron Zwanziger. All reviews posted anonymously by Alere employees.