Alere
www.alere.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

Good company in general

Senior Finance Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

Prosthe money, flexibility in schedule; working with the most senior executive on important initiatives; making an impact in the direction healthcare will likely go.

Consprofessionals should be allowed to run with it a bit more; too many puffed up VPs who blather on and on; too many moves of staff that seem to be designed to provide ways to exit people; not enough feedback to people about how they are faring in the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your strategic thinkers; not everything can be known with certainty, the sales flash is a guess and a waste of time.

Overall positive

Contract Employee (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very laid back environment. Collaborative and positive atmosphere. Cons: Contract positions have minimal discussions of possible extension/timeline, etc....but that's the nature of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A bit difficult to handle the training, could get better.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alere

Pros: You're helping people quit smoking. Cons: Crazy amounts of micromanaging. One time my colleague was told over the phone by a customer that his nickname was "Square". And she confirmed by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alere.

Worked for Alere? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alere reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alere CEO Ron Zwanziger. All reviews posted anonymously by Alere employees.