There are newer employer reviews for Alere

Monotonous, boring and limited in growth.

Former Employee - Registered Dietitian in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Registered Dietitian in Seattle, WA

I worked at Alere full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- a good place to fine-tune counseling skills & work with a variety of patients.
- great coworkers
- can work from home

Cons

- supervisors micro-manage like I have never seen before
- profit-driven, which can often hinder the quality of care
- lack of respect from supervisors/managers - would rather have greater employee turnover than invest in their current employees
- downtime - actually made me feel like I was wasting my life at the company/doubt career, which has never happened at another position

Advice to Management

Trust in your employees more to provide quality care without having to nit-pick calls to death just to find a way to deduct a point on call reviews

reviews filtered by

Alere is going downhill

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Alere full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Able to work at home in some positions.

Cons

Micro-management. No respect for their employees some of whom have been professionals for years. They do not welcome any input from their employees. Their new Mission statement emphasizes "increased revenue" over everything else including their employees. Their ears seemed to be closed to any suggestions for improvement in the morale of the employees. They don't seem to realize they won't have a company if their employees continue to quit as they are doing in droves. I also agree with another employee who "spilled the beans". This company asks employees to "brand" the call as if the employee actually works for the particular insurance company itself when they don't. They also record the calls and the insurance company can hear the calls and learn things about the patient without the patient's knowing how much is truly shared with the insurance company.

Advice to Management

Wake up !! Listen to your employees !! You won't have a company if everyone quits.

2. Working at Alere is Ok. There are some challenges and frustrations as at any place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alere full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The work is very interesting. In general, the people are great to work with. The company provides opportunities for socializing so that people from different departments are able to meet.

Cons

The lack of focus. With such a large, widespread company, priorities need to be set, progress measured, and decisions made.

There are newer employer reviews for Alere