Alere

www.alere.com
  www.alere.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alere

Good company to work for if you don't have a family

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Scarborough, ME
Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Scarborough, ME

I worked at Alere full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great health benefits, PTO was awesome, great group of people to work with, and they really took the time to train me properly.

Cons

Work life balance is way off. I was away from home every week Monday through Friday. Since I wasn't a member of the sales team, they didn't really seem to care about supporting my section. They were constantly talking about getting rid of my section because it did not fall into the overall plan of the company which added its own stress.

Your technical team is just as important as your sales team. Yes, sales can sell as much as they want, but if you can't support it you really fall short of the competition.

146 Other Employee Reviews for Alere (View Most Recent)

Worst company to work for in my career.

I have been working at Alere full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The recent management firings were a positive step.

Cons

I came i through Biosite and it was a good company until it became part of Alere. Horrific management, absurdly unrealistic goals, management through intimidation, inability to manufacture, and shift toward unproductive and time consuming busy work have rendered the old Biosite co. into a nightmare.

Your recent firings of two clueless and ineffective managers was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, the best have already left and you've got little to work with. Especially since you screwed up Triage by trying to save a little money. You'd be better off not to make the many promises you can't keep.

Lip service pros

I have been working at Alere full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

excellent Coworkers, company sponsored activities,

Cons

Indecisive, poor management, Lack of trust in employees, constantly changing focus, says one thing and does another, Claims to care for customer but does exact opposite, and has management, no training

Plan before you implement, and actually focus on your customers don't just say you are, spend time to actually train your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Alere