There are newer employer reviews for Alert Logic

Everything you want in a start up!

Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Very solid place to learn a lot in the SaaS world and get to touch a lot of different companies from Service Providers to customers, to various consultants and QSAs.
- Decent benefits which now include 401k matching!
- One of the few software companies that give you an OTE that you can overachieve on.
- Travel is encouraged for sales, but not demanded.
- Great team atmosphere with lots of avenues to explore as far as company roles are concerned.

Cons

- It has the typical pains that come from accelerated growth and smaller companies starting to morph out of the SMB space.
- Commission is based on a customer connecting the device in order to prohibit shelf-ware. However, this plays into having a higher percentage of happier customers unlike traditional software customers who have customers paying large sums without ever actually installing the program.

Keep up the good work and making Alert Logic one of the better places to work in Houston!

27 Other Employee Reviews for Alert Logic (View Most Recent)

Growing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Alert Logic

Pros

They have good benefits for a small company... medical benefits are inexpensive compared to my previous employer. Dental & Vision benefits are free. They offer a good amount of vacation time.

Lots of growth potential...they like to promote from within.

Cons

Since it is growing so quickly you have to be flexible to change. They don't offer a matching 401k.

Alert Logic Response

Jun 7, 2013HR Director

Alert Logic now offers a 401(k) company match.

Sales Executive

I have been working at Alert Logic

Pros

Alert Logic is uniquely positioned between two highly growing markets, being cloud and security. What is most unique is hybrid model between a product company and a services provider. It's truly a great company to work for and would recommend anyone to work there as well.

Cons

I would say that any company that is growing as rapidly as Alert Logic has its growing pains. The key thing to realize is that the company is growing and pains are opportunities to improve.

Keep doing what you are doing. We are all happy and making money, so I have no advice outside of don't change a thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Alert Logic