Alessi Bakeries

great company

Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Sales in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alessi Bakeries

Pros

great company to work for. Where everyone supports each other, and knowledge is always shared.

Cons

There are no real cons right now, Making big changes for the best

Keep on the road you are on today. You have a great VP of sales. I commend you to giving him support. Alessi will be a household family name as is what I believed when I was part of the Alessi family

7 Other Employee Reviews for Alessi Bakeries (View Most Recent)

Tolerate the Cons for the Pros

Former Employee - Manufacturing Plant Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Plant Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Alessi Bakeries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) It's a small, family-owned business, with a very large manufacturing plant. 2) Depending on who you are and what you do, the pay and schedule flexibility can be very good. 3) If you keep quiet, do your job, fly low under the radar, and absolutely under no circumstance tell the owners "No", to any task, you will be okay.

Cons

1) It's a small, family-owned business, with a very large manufacturing plant. 2) They put all their eggs in one basket, so there is absolutely no team atmosphere. 3) Fledgling manufacturing plant - They're one large customer away from going out of business, if they ever lost that customer 4) Going through bankruptcy 5) No accountability of the two owners

1) Get a board of directors. A small business of this magnitude needs the two owners to be held accountable for their decisions and especially their shady and whimsical financial practices. 2) Put forth a little time and effort to value and appreciate your employees, especially the loyal ones that have been around for a few years. Not all people are expendable. 3) Most importantly, get some true leadership and vision for the manufacturing plant! You need a real leader, with focus - someone with the passion, desire, motivation, a plan and a vision for the manufacturing plant. You have a potential gold mine at your fingertips, and don't see the forest for the trees.

Worst company I've worked for.

Former Employee - Cake Decorator
    Former Employee - Cake Decorator

I worked at Alessi Bakeries

Pros

They give you lots of hours with good pay and you were able to be creative.

Cons

Too much over time, not flexible with schedule. Employees talk behind your back, they don't like changes. Hire to fire.. HR told me they hire 300 people a year. Senior Alessi only looks out for himself not his employees. Rat infestation. Leaking roof won't fix till a storm comes through. Employees work in a sweat shop. Environment is uncomfortable. They don't want you to succeed. Sanitation needs to be informed to all associates. Hire Spanish speaking just to fire them because they don't understand. Not a great company all in all. They make you feel worthless.

Listen to your employees needs, should offer more benefits. Needs less drama.

There are newer employer reviews for Alessi Bakeries