There are newer employer reviews for Alex and Ani

Ok experience

Former Employee - Bartender
Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at Alex and Ani part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing co-workers, flexible scheduling, great employee discount

Cons

Corporate/retail relationship is not positive, not much opportunity for advancement

19 Other Employee Reviews for Alex and Ani (View Most Recent)

Absolutely NOT Positive

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Providence, RI

I have been working at Alex and Ani full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Coworkers were amazing, despite being a company who absoultely does not practice what they preach, they really atract some awesome people to work in their retail stores.
    -Fairly decent discount

Cons

Corporate is an absolute joke. As others have mentioned the HR department is completely useless and unprofessional. If you are a retail employee you as basically a useless peasant to corprate and they could not care less about you.
    The quality of merchandise is decreasing drastically. Most newer pieces aren't even made with recycled metals anymore.
    And the "positive energy technology"? Hahaha

Promoting within is awesome, IF those employees have ANY expiereience or training. There are so many people within the company who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I don't know shouldn't be an answer to a serious question regarding someone's pay or benefits. However I do guess it's better than the usual response, which is nothing at all. The company is expanding fast and they are definitely not consultinng with or hiring all the right people.
    The company is also trying to expand past bangles with a home and candle line completely unsuccessfully. Try one thing at a time and do it WELL.
    Lastly, be consistent with the
    Logo. Using the old logo on packaging/ signage to save money is just amateur.

I wish positivity went deeper

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Bartender in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Alex and Ani part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good discount, the customers really make this job, they really do. A few awesome supervisors.

Cons

Associates are more concerned with their sales than the customers. At the end of the day, a supervisor said "well I didn't sell much". They put on a good 'positive' face, but customers aren't first, the money is. I was awesome with customers who loved me, as well as other associates who thought I had great product knowledge, but that wasn't taken into consideration when letting me go - I "didn't learn quick enough" and "was always late" (which wasn't true). But you can't question them. What they say goes.

Positivity and money rarely goes in the same sentence. Either concern yourself with the money or how you treat customers and your associates - the profit will come from those two areas. If it isn't, then something else is wrong, but do NOT be guided by the money, which can turn people nasty. Also, KNOW who your GOOD workers are! Just because they look good doesn't mean they work good.

There are newer employer reviews for Alex and Ani

Worked for Alex and Ani? Contribute to the Community!