Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C
www.aafcpa.com Westborough, MA

Good environment

Staff Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C

ProsGood people, good environment. Lots of learning opportunities and ability to move up the ranks if you want to stick around.

ConsTypical cons of any public accounting firm - long hours during busy season. Poor work/life balance sometimes.

Also, in general, public accounting isn't for everyone. It is the nature of a client service firm, you must be willing to put in the hours.

Also, meager benefits for certain accomplishments such as passing the CPA exams (only $500 bonus), and raises have significantly decreased in recent years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBump up some of the benefits to give incentive to stay. Lots of your younger and talented employees leave because there simply isn't enough incentive to stay. Give more for accomplishments such as passing the CPA exam, and don't be so meager on raises and bonuses. Also, bring back softball. Morale and environment is way down from prior years.

Sr Accountant

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)
Westborough, MA

I worked at Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great Growing Company with plenty of room for career growth Cons: Not a big 4 and as a public accountant ..you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

I worked at AAF for 4 years

Audit Senior (Former Employee)
Westborough, MA

I worked at Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good opportunities to get exposure early on. I was running my own audits within my… Cons: Certain managers act inappropriately at times around the audit staff. Long hours, but that comes with the industry. Extreme inefficiencies at times, especially for… Advice to Senior Management: I believe AAF can grow and become a great place to work (not just as voted on by the BBJ), however this means that managers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C.

Worked for Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C CEO Carla M. McCall, CPA & David P. McManus, CPA. All reviews posted anonymously by Alexander Aronson Finning & P.C employees.