There are newer employer reviews for Alexander Open Systems
There are newer employer reviews for Alexander Open Systems

See Most Recent

Fast Paced

  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Former Employee - Account Manager in Fenton, MO
Former Employee - Account Manager in Fenton, MO
Recommends
Approves of CEO

Pros

Great technical support pre and post sales.

Cons

Too much focus on one vendor who does not do anything for AOS.

Other Employee Reviews for Alexander Open Systems

  1. Great Company and Great People.

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Recommends
    Approves of CEO

    Pros

    Very well trained employees. Management keeps you in the loop on how things are going. Gary and Senior Management does a great job of getting you motivated.

    Cons

    In the rime I worked at Alexander Open Systems the only downside would be the hours you put in to work but much of this was self inflicted as I wanted to do the best I could and would take on extra work when possible.

    Advice to Management

    Senior Management should up the great work. Your leadership and guidance is what propels everyone in the organization to excel.


  2. Helpful (6)

    Don' make the same mistake I did.

    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Doesn't Recommend
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    AOS has a strong technical foundation and excellent front-line employees. There is a recipe that, despite being established many years ago, still fuels the success at AOS. The people that drive the sales and support activity are very knowledgeable and have the client's best interest at heart. AOS receives strong support from Cisco who also steers many customers to them because they are unfailingly loyal to Cisco in return.

    Cons

    AOS is a privately held company and over the years, the owner, Gary Alexander, has become increasingly arrogant about the success of the company. He perceives that he is the sole reason for the success of the organization and is completely unwilling to retire despite the fact that he is well beyond his productive years. He manages through fear and promotes incompetent managers based solely upon loyalty. AOS pursues litigation for non-compete agreements approximately 90% of the time regardless of whether employment was terminated by employer or employee. This keeps existing employees from pursuing other opportunities that would certainly provide better career opportunity and upward mobility. The other 10% are those who go to work for business partners or clients where AOS does not want to damage the relationship. In the North Central Region, the Regional President, Dan Urzendowski, has filled the management team is filled with individuals that have no previous record of success (unless they are hired from the outside). He has hired and promoted several members of his own family The only internal promotions occur when a struggling, but loyal, employee or family member would otherwise need to be replaced for lack of performance. In many years, I have not witnessed a successful Account Manager, Design Architect or Systems Engineer be promoted ... except temporarily. Apparently, they cannot afford to lose the production and the managers claim success for those left to be the engine for continued success. The economy is regularly blamed and they are simply told, "it's no better anywhere else." Whenever I visit with other previous employees, I hear a common sentiment. "The day I left was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders" or "I feel like I can finally breathe again" are common statements. The benefits recede annually and raises are unheard of without promotion.


There are newer employer reviews for Alexander Open Systems
There are newer employer reviews for Alexander Open Systems

See Most Recent

Work at Alexander Open Systems? Share Your Experiences

Alexander Open Systems

 
Click to Rate
or

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.