Alexander Open Systems

www.aos5.com

Former Employee in Overland Park, KS

Account Manager (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsAOS is built on the idea of Expect of the Best. Having a team of people getting business done with that motto is a great thing. Once someone knows that I used to work for AOS they always ask what I think of Gary. I reply back with 50% / 50%. 50% respects Gary for what he has created. Gary is very insightful in the assessment of people. The other 50% dislikes Gary for his management style.

ConsUnfortunately folks. The Cons outweigh working for this place. There is an extreme amount of turnover in the sales personnel that work at AOS. The core group (Gary’s Sons, Grandchildren, and Loyalists) have remained the same but it’s the sales staff and sales engineers that consisting turnover. It’s always interesting to meet people that just started and they say it’s great but a year later when they longer work there it’s a different story.

Middle Managers don’t really have a clue because they are merely following orders from Gary. Even if you are over performing you will still feel pressure that you could lose your job at any second. Gary would sit in board meetings and tell stories of firing people and be proud of that fact that he did it. Gary expected me to have an immediate answer to whether or not I could attend training in Boston the night before. I told him I would like to discuss it with my wife and he responded that he didn’t have to talk to his wife to make a decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone knows that if Gary sells the company his sons can not be in management positions. So why are they in those positions now?

Great Presales Resources, Sell Great Products - Fail in Markets due to Lack of Leadreship

Account Manager (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Alexander Open Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay well Great Presales Resources Represent very good products Cons: Lack of leadreship at Branch Offices and HQ Family owned and run Business - If your last… Advice to Senior Management: The company would thrive much better if it was sold to a top competitor. Old School Management and hand me down… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company and Great People.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

I worked at Alexander Open Systems

Pros: Very well trained employees. Management keeps you in the loop on how things… Cons: In the rime I worked at Alexander Open Systems the only downside would be the hours you put in to work but… Advice to Senior Management: Senior Management should up the great work. Your leadership… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Alexander Open Systems.

Worked for Alexander Open Systems? Contribute to the Community!