Alexian Brothers Health System

Engaged Employer

Too bad they hired Sodexo

Former Employee - Chef in Elk Grove, IL
Former Employee - Chef in Elk Grove, IL

I worked at Alexian Brothers Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent place and mostly great employees

Cons

A few employees were more interested in saving face than telling the truth.

Advice to Management

Sodexo and a few of your older truth deceptive employees are the reasons I cut my throat by retiring about 4 years too early.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. false promises, poor judgement, rude coworkers

Former Employee - Department Secretaray in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Department Secretaray in Hoffman Estates, IL

I worked at Alexian Brothers Health System part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice if you're a student helping people have a better day then they've been having

Cons

training, benefits, compensation, taxes, consideration, management, communication

Advice to Management

When I first started in 2007, Ed Goldberg was the CEO of the company. Everyone was so friendly and they treated their staff with the highest respect while still teaching significant values that we can use daily to interact with each other and our patients. We were recognized more from 2007-2012 when I was there than the last two years 2013-2014 when the new CEO stepped up and it was announced that Ascension Health would be taking over. Since than, not only has the patient volume gone significantly lower because of Obamacare...but the overall company moral has gone low. Everyday I would either a 4-1 ratio of complaints from older and newer patients then the sattisfaction we used to receive. I used to love my job, my hours, the people. the money, even getting 2 raises in the last 5 years it has gotten worse. Management either doesn't listen nor cares when it comes to the "lending an ear at any time" act. My supervisor, amongst quite a few ranging from ER to outpatient to Surgery, are unprofessional and rude to their employees when it comes to their work or schedules. She would favortize certain employees becae use of their status meaning ( if your uncle was a security guard you wouldn't stop hearing about how you called in sick with the flu) vs if yourmom was the secretary to the CEO and you went out of your busy way to gossip, she would either give you a job or lend an ear to that then deal with conflict and real problems. Everyday I started dreading work and nagging even though me amongst small but a few amount of my peers would tell me the same problems they were facing. Everyone chooses to look past these things, WHy? no idea, Even though you're dedicated, rather then helping the ones who need it most and squashing rivalries. I've never dealt with such a high unnessecary amount of drama and unorganized people in alll my jobs. Hopefully in the future the hard working employees and supervisors will get a reward other then just once a year bonus. I was hired resource, promised part time if available (resource is extra pay no benefits) for 6 years... it was given to a new employee that just started, I was promised cross training with extra hours, it was promised to anew employee that lives on her phone and does't know half the training she was given or cares after the former trainer left. There is diversity, favortism, and deaf ears in this place, and I wouldn't recommend hard worrkers to work here.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Diagnostic Imaging in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Diagnostic Imaging in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Alexian Brothers Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent teamwork. Fast paced environment. You get to do your job. Supportive managers. Good pay especially with experience.

Cons

Work / home balance could be better. Recently merged with Ascencion Health. Emphasis seems to be more on the bottom line now. New administration is not as attuned to the front line employees as the old administration was.

Advice to Management

You have an excellent group of employees who are in the health care field for the right reasons. Please listen to their ideas and suggestions for improvements.