Former Manager

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The clientele...nothing like helping a bride find her dream dress!

Cons

The company and upper management. They only care about numbers and offer no help to you at all when needed. I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months!

Take a hard look at your upper management. There are people who should go and managers that should still be there. And give your people positive reinforcement! Almost everyone in my store is scared of our DM and hates coming to work. Terrible.

Other Reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

Designer Boutique? Minimum Wage Pay!

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers of all ages who love assisting brides and bridal parties.

Cons

Workmanship on dresses is less than "designer". Many dresses are simply overpriced for the level of quality.
    Pay is at best insulting in this day and age. Minimum wage. Sure you can make commission (currently 4%), but you have to wait 10-12 weeks (really more) when the dresses are actually picked up before the commission check is even generated from the company.
    I'm sure they have extremely high turnover as "grown-ups" who are hired as bridal stylist simply cant make ends meet on such a low salary. I HAD to take this job because my unemployment was running out, but I am still looking for a job that pays a fair wage and can give me steady hours, In short, I will probably only be there for a month or so. Which is a shame, because I would have really liked to pursue a career in bridal gown sales.

Please do something about the pay rate for stylist. The gowns average retail for $1800+. The job is great for college kids who don't mind making minimum wage but for many of my co-workers, they are actively looking for or have another job. Restructure the commission schedule as we typically have the credit card information to secure the balances on the dresses when they are received in the store. How about commission on the deposit immediately and the balance when the dress arrives at the store. This is such an important day brides have entrusted to the stylist, A.A. should feel the same regarding the treatment and pay of their employees.

Big mistake.

Former Employee - Bridal Specialist
    Former Employee - Bridal Specialist

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time for less than a year

Pros

The team I worked with was very nice, and more than willing to help you whenever needed, better than the management.

Cons

They say this company has phenomenal training, yeah right. I did not last here long because I received no real training, and was thrown into scenarios in which I had no knowledge. Not Cool.

Please hire your extra staff BEFORE the upcoming busy season, so you can train them to do the job well. I personally felt lost at every moment working there because I was just put in situations I had no knowledge/answers to. I've never held a position that I was never trained to confidently do the tasks at hand. Also, consider increasing the wages to the stylists/specialists who will not have many chances at making a commission. Your minimum wage + commission is a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal.

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!