There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

Nice work environment, fun product

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

It's bridal! Fun retail category.

Cons

Small budgets do not allow for pay raises or bonuses

Give your employees bonuses or at least pay raises to keep morale up

62 Other Employee Reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal (View Most Recent)

Hot and Cold

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility when it comes to family and personal issues. Laid back working environment. Vacations, sick days decent benefits.

Cons

Absolutely no loyalty. I've seen workers their for 20-30 years being let go without a thought. The systems are very old making your job much more difficult, money being spent in areas of non importance. Not much of an area of advancement in most departments. Having a degree is looked upon highly, where as experience is not. So basically they are hiring really smart people with a complete lack of job experience and it shows. Also you will go years without a raise.

Listen to your employees when it comes to improving work environment and how to advertise properly.

Worst Job Ever

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a 30% discount on all items. That is the only thing I can think to say. Now I'm just trying to fill the 20-word minimum.

Cons

The whole Undercover Boss waste of money is complete bull. They need to pay the stylists more per hour, and could have if they never did Undercover Boss.Some of these people are students paying off their loans, some are mothers trying to make ends meet. And all they pay is minimum wage plus 4% commission; so on a $1000 dress you get $40, well probably around $30 after taxes. You don't see the commission until AFTER the dress comes in and the balance has been paid. Making it hard to sell the job to prospective hires who need decent money now. They sent out these horrible cut-outs of the president that I personally refused to put in my store, however, knew I had to, so I reluctantly did it anyways. It was so commercialized and cheesy! It looks so cheap, you don't see Kleinfeld doing stupid things like that.

My DM is incredibly rude and nasty to my manager. If we do really well in a given week, the response we get is "good" if another store does the same, they get "Wooo hoo! Awesome job ladies!" So there is A LOT of bias going on in my district as well.

A good amount of the new dresses are horribly cheap, but they put these high price tags on them. It seems as though the designers have a complex about trying to set Alfred Angelo apart with their new designs. They're horrible. They do not sell. Some dresses I can't even match a target market to.

Listen to the the stylists and Managers of the retail stores. They know what the customers are looking for. Get rid of Timetrade (the online appointment booking site). It sends a bad message to the customer when they book an appointment and have to be called the next day to switch it because the store is over-booked for that time slot.

PAY A LIVABLE SALARY. Stop being penny-wise and pound foolish, I don't want to see cheap plastic beads on dresses that are $1399.

Coach merchandising on carefully reading an F9 question in full and answering all parts of it. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've asked 2 or more questions in an F9 request, and gotten an answer to only one of them. The actual customers get really frustrated and blame the people in the store for merchandising's ineptness. The internal customer service is horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!