There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal

Sad to Work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

The customers are great to work with.

Cons

They cut hours every week. Very unprofessional. Unobtainable goals. Very out dated and poorly run company.

Start over. Care about the employees.

reviews filtered by

Senior Management is not motivating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Providing the experience for the customers is great. Your team is great.

Cons

Management is not management. They belittle you and demean you in every possible way when you're trying your best. Even when you do your best there is not recognition. They are not fair to their employees to say the least. They do not appreciate their management or employees for that matter. The pressure for sales is there for sure. However, there is a motivating way to going about doing so. At times it feels like harassment.

Be more positive and supportive. When management asks for help in what you are coaching them on give some type of feedback. Do not harass your employees who are on the front line with the customers. You will lose great employees due to your practices that you are implementing. Practices being treatment and way of talking to your employees. Never ending conference calls. Literally one day of the week the entire day we are on conference calls. Talking about our numbers is not making anything better. We need more time on the floor to coach our employees and train the new ones coming in. We do not have the payroll to even support that. Morale is down, nothing like it was a few years ago.

Designer Boutique? Minimum Wage Pay!

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers of all ages who love assisting brides and bridal parties.

Cons

Workmanship on dresses is less than "designer". Many dresses are simply overpriced for the level of quality.
    Pay is at best insulting in this day and age. Minimum wage. Sure you can make commission (currently 4%), but you have to wait 10-12 weeks (really more) when the dresses are actually picked up before the commission check is even generated from the company.
    I'm sure they have extremely high turnover as "grown-ups" who are hired as bridal stylist simply cant make ends meet on such a low salary. I HAD to take this job because my unemployment was running out, but I am still looking for a job that pays a fair wage and can give me steady hours, In short, I will probably only be there for a month or so. Which is a shame, because I would have really liked to pursue a career in bridal gown sales.

Please do something about the pay rate for stylist. The gowns average retail for $1800+. The job is great for college kids who don't mind making minimum wage but for many of my co-workers, they are actively looking for or have another job. Restructure the commission schedule as we typically have the credit card information to secure the balances on the dresses when they are received in the store. How about commission on the deposit immediately and the balance when the dress arrives at the store. This is such an important day brides have entrusted to the stylist, A.A. should feel the same regarding the treatment and pay of their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Angelo Bridal