Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children

www.nemours.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children

It is a wonderful place to work. Very caring atmosphere.

Current Employee - Medical Coding in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Medical Coding in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The caring atmosphere and love of Children is wonderful there. Love it. I can't say enough about Nemour's.

Cons

I travel quite a bit to get to work and back and would like to to work from home and this was offered but later postponed for some and not for others. So my hopes for remote coding working have become unsure. I would rather stay with Nemours but will see what happens.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children (View Most Recent)

Nemours is a special place to work

I have been working at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children

Pros

Pay, education, benefits, training, atmosphere

Cons

Night shift, selection of cafeteria food at night, parking garage is far away

New color scheme for uniforms

Too Many Managers

I worked at Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Taking care of children and their families everyday. Environment that is wonderful for children and the employees embrace making it as comfortable and magical as they can for the children. All the staff workers go above and beyond FOR THE KIDS.

Cons

Upper Management is a dictatorship. They want no questions asked about anything "instituted" by upper management. When you go with concerns or ideas my manager has said: "I have heard your concerns and they have been noted." That is all the feedback I received. They want staff to "drink the koolaid." Raises are based on a "performance management tool" that has perimeters that you have no control over, for the most part. I would be surprised if they get "magnet status" again because as soon as they achieved Magnet, everything for nursing that was instituted to get magnet was taken away. Pretty sure they will start bring things back once they need to get re-certified for magnet. They are understaffed, nursing managers come down hard on nursing staff and nurses and care staff and very stressed and feel they are walking on egg shells. There is nothing positive said about staff just talking about the 'screw ups." They want robots that are just going to come to work and do what they tell them and not question anything. Management will just change staffs schedules to suit their needs and not appreciate work life balance, I have seen staff look at their schedule and have to scramble to find childcare and care for an older parent. Some staff have found out they had to work Christmas day two days before Christmas. Basically they treat staff like trash. It's actually very sad. I had to part ways.

You need to understand how your front line staff feels. You need to understand the impact of what you are "implementing."

There are newer employer reviews for Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children