Alfred Nickles Bakery

www.nicklesbakery.com
  www.nicklesbakery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Nickles Bakery

I really enjoyed my time and gained tremendous experience working here.

Former Employee - Route Sales  in  Elkhart, IN
Former Employee - Route Sales in Elkhart, IN

I worked at Alfred Nickles Bakery

Pros

Being able to work directly with the public.

Cons

They Downsized. Closed all the Indiana and Michigan branches and put a lot of families in bad situations.

I really loved working for this company but to do what was done to all of us in Indiana,Michigan and to the transport drivers who delivered to our area I feel was un excusable.I talked to quite a few people who were around during previous administrations. Everyone of them would say back in the day you wouldn't have seen what you see today.The previous generations of leadership would not approve of the way things are today.The Elkhart branch was in business 55 + years . I know times are tough,but looking at a map.It is farther to go to Cleveland than to Elkhart from Lima,which is where the majority of our trucks came from. I'm sorry but I would not want to be in your shoes when someday you will meet your previous generations and you explain to them how you destroyed what they built. You should have continued your Great Great Grandfathers dream. He started this company not you. You should have started your own company if that was your dream. My advise is to go back and see what the founders of this companies dream was.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Alfred Nickles Bakery (View Most Recent)

Your expected to eat,sleep,breath Nickles....Sell Your soul to earn a living.

Former Employee - Route Sales  in  Parkersburg, WV
    Former Employee - Route Sales in Parkersburg, WV

I worked at Alfred Nickles Bakery full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits (not soo great if You keep track of Your hours)

Cons

Too many hours......Start Your work day at 1-2 am and not finish until Your done with Your route,which in most cases was between 3-5 pm....even though the contract called for 11 hrs....The branch I was at had too many accounts and not enough routes to cover them all in the alloted time frame without going over the 11hrs........No work/life balance at all.....Management doesn't care about You/just Your sales figures......I liked the work,just had no life outside of work and wasn't fair to My family.

Stop being soo greedy,quit lying to Your Drivers and add on more routes to lighten the work load.

I work hard and am unappreciated

Current Employee - Utility Clerk  in  Valparaiso, IN
    Current Employee - Utility Clerk in Valparaiso, IN

I have been working at Alfred Nickles Bakery

Pros

The mechanic and drivers are very nice.

Cons

No future! No benefits for part time employees! Not enough hours! The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer! :(

Have semi-annual employee reviews, and regular raises. Offer insurance at a low rate to part-time employees

There are newer employer reviews for Alfred Nickles Bakery

Worked for Alfred Nickles Bakery? Contribute to the Community!