Align Communications

www.align.com
  www.align.com
There are newer employer reviews for Align Communications

Average company with great products

Former Employee - Intern
Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Align Communications

Pros

The company has a great corporate culture.
Small teams that work well together, to implement great products.

Cons

lots of overtime available. this is not mandatory but on your own dealing with server moves

13 Other Employee Reviews for Align Communications (View Most Recent)

Align needs to Re-Align company focus

I have been working at Align Communications

Pros

Compared to similar IT business solution companies, decent benefit (not good enough benefit compared to other companies). Employees are encouraged to get professional or industry-standard certifications. Small company with close relationship and open communication between employees. Good middle management. Company owner cares of employee's well-being.

Cons

Senior management does not have intimate relationship with clients or with potential clients, which leads to missed opportunities. Senior management gets anxious with less projects and more bills. No team or group member lead to coordinate internal communication. Little to no communication between employees handling multiple projects simultaneously. Less-intensive hiring process which leads only to attract little-to-no-potential employees. Every employee is "forced" to generate more sales or is shown the door. Expects employees to work at least 10 hour a day including weekends. Decides to take clients in certain industries or areas hoping to save on taxes, only resulting to have additional costs with little to no benefit. Decides to lose or "force" to lose senior technical employees hoping to save costs only to lead confusions and frictions between less-technical employees with overload of work and projects.

Company needs to focus on potential industry sectors. Hire senior management that have intimate relationship with clients or potential clients and have abilities to generate more sales. Review existing senior management ability and leadership. Improve hiring process to attract highly-potential sale forces. Improve employee skill development based on tangible metrics.

Great Company with Terrific People

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Align Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Align has a wonderful culture and a phenomenal group of employees. The culture is somewhat collegiate with a great team dynamic. Collaboration is expected and teams work very well together. Senior engineers are encourage to share knowledge and mentor less experienced engineers. The project managers are very effective and protect the best interests of their team and ensure the engineers’ hard work is recognized. I have had the opportunity to work on great projects. Learning opportunities are plentiful and I receive training regularly. I have earned 6 certifications in 3 years and they were all payed for by the firm. This is a great place to work where your hard work is appreciated, recognized and rewarded.

Cons

The only criticism I have is that I am occasionally required to do support. It is not excessive and I was aware of this when I joined the company, but I would prefer to be 100% project focused at this point. Recently I have been doing minimal support at the managed services team seems to be hiring more experienced level engineers that can do higher level trouble shooting. I hope this trend continues.

Continue to hire more experienced support engineers in managed services to let the other engineers focus on projects.

There are newer employer reviews for Align Communications